Saturday, December 21, 2013

Now with some origins.

Each and every character has an origin. I don't mean simply in the book, but what inspired their creation. For example, Ryu was inspired by Gattsu from Berserk. And in this post I'll actually describe a bit of history on the Ryu character and how he came to be the way he is.

Back when I was in High School and started playing FFXI... I created him there. Originally I had made another book which I later scrapped and "Reokudo" was meant to be a villain. After I scrapped that book I made him into a protagonist and gave him the first name "Ryu". He was always a half dragon, and bore a resemblance to Gattsu from Bersek in the sense they had similar hair and both wielded a massive sword. Ryu's sword "Dresera" was originally known as Dres Vera Kou(Sword of Dragon's Bane). The appearance of its original form has always been the same, the other forms of it have changed many times.

Ryu's body armor has also gone through many changes. It was originally plate armor that manifested  in the same manner as his exoskeleton. But, I found it rather odd later on how someone manages to manifest a suit of plate mail from their body. So his armor instead became an exoskeleton much later upon the introduction of the Sacreia character.  Ryu's personality is based upon my own in many ways. His growth as a character has varied a lot over the years. At one point he was a bit of a womanizer, or did stupid things and made half assed jokes. I made him more serious, as it befit him better over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment